Tuesday 14 June 2016

IMAGE vs WORD

Does image or art are more powerful than words?


During the Malaysia Media and culture tutorial on the 7th of June, we have discuss about the recent issue related to Fahmi Reza. We often question, why images tends to get more attention compare to newspaper or lengthly journals. Its very easy, images only needs 3 second for a person to understand while a paragraph of information written need at least 2 minute to read. So if u ask me if image is more powerful? The answer will be YES!

We see that an image create an issue but why newspaper or journals posted stuff does not create big impact. Simple... humans are lazy to read. If u want me to read a page of newspaper of political issue I will give up right before I start reading it. But if u give me an image which still present the same meaning doesn't it work more effectively. 




Fahmi Reza is a artist that  fight for what he think is right and speak what thousands of people want to say. In my opinion, he is a warrior because despite knowing that there might be risk he do it because he expresses what he want to say. How many people really dare to do what he did.. I would say not much as I can see. 

If u ask me, whether he went overboard of making the PM's face into a clown?..I would say, in artistic perspective i would say not really because each artist have their delivery styles. Some people might like it or find it funny or felt like its mocking him but that single images of the clown head did attract peoples attention and relate to people.

EFFECTIVE OR NOT??













































No comments:

Post a Comment